Spaghetti Pie

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The other night we had friends over for dinner. I wound up with lots of left over spaghetti. The next day we were invited to a brunch and I made this to take with us.

SpaghettiPieemail.jpg

Spaghetti Pie

Leftover spaghetti
(if you don't have any, cook about 8 to 10oz of spaghetti)
4 eggs
1 cup or so of Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
1/2 large onion
1 med. size Zucchini squash peeled and cut in smallish chunks.
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup fresh basil (Fresh from the garden if you live in Tucson):)
12 to 16 oz jar Maranara Sauce
(I used Trader Joe's Maranara sauce $1.79 a jar!)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup or more shredded Mozerella or a shredded Italian Cheese blend

13 inch by 9 inch pan sprayed with non stick spray.

Mix spaghetti with two eggs and Parmesan Cheese, spray the pan with a non stick spray, then put the spaghetti mixture in the pan, making a sort of crust along the sides of the pan. Mix the remaining two eggs with the ricotta or cottage cheese, add about half the fresh basil. Spoon his mixture on top of the spaghetti'

Saute onion in a bit of olive oil, add garlic and remaining fresh basil. Add Maranara Sauce. Cook for a couple of minutes to blend flavors. Spoon this mixture on top of the Ricotta or Cottage Cheese mixture.

Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the top.

Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Until the cheese is lightly browned.

I forgot until I had the cheese on top that I planned to add a layer of sauted in butter mushrooms.I think they would have been a nice addition. I got lots of compliments on the dish.

shareneh

Sprout
Reaction score
Great job!! My mother used to make something like this too. It sounds really good.

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yum! This looks terrific. I was thinking that I'd have to wait a while til I had a zucchini, but I remembered I bought one at the store. Woohoo! Thanks for my dinner tomorrow. :)

farmerlor

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Can spaghetti be substituted with spaghetti squash? (Or is it too wet?)
I LIKE the spaghetti squash idea! Yes, it might be too wet but I wonder what would happen if you threw some italian bread crumbs in with the eggs and spaghetti squash and then finished with the remainder of the recipe as it is.......

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
YES! I am not the OP but I do know the answer because I have made spaghetti pie with spaghetti squash :)

I dont like spaghetti squash unless it like this with all the other flavors it turns stringy squash into something tasty!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great recipe! :drool Its always good to make use of leftovers.

Latest posts