Spaghetti squash recipes???

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DW and I are not big squash fans but at the advice of friends I planted some spaghetti squash seeds that I saved from a gift squash last year. I started the seeds indoors this past spring and planted 6 of the seedlings out in the garden. They're enormous and I have about 8 or 9 squashes getting big. Now I remember another reason why I don't plant squash - they take up entirely too much real estate in the garden for the amount of food value of the fruits.

Anyway, we kind of liked the spaghetti squash when DW used it like pasta and poured a meat sauce over it. I'm sure there are other ways to use the squash but since we do not have much experience with it we don't know about them.

How do you prepare and use your spaghetti squash? Thanks.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I use it instead of noodles when I make lasagna. Just add a layer of the squash, baked and stringed out, where you would put the big noodles as you layer it together and bake as usual. You can also make individual lasagna pots and put the spaghetti squash on the bottom and cover with meat, sauce, lots of cheese etc. Bake in a container that can go oven to freezer to microwave. Bake, freeze, and then take to work as needed and nuke.