Spanish Purple/Black Tomatoes

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I have a few seedlings, I was bored and going through seed cash picked out seeds I gleaned from a meal years ago, Almeca I think is the name, way too early here, I have to keep these babies safe, don't want to let them get spindly, did this cause I wasn't thinking,,, well that's it,,,
I'm at daughters house, I'll have to arrange lightning not enough from the windows,,,Ooof Amaan!

Attachments

• IMG_20230221_111843334.jpg
    IMG_20230221_111843334.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 73

Jack Holloway

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol:
ACTUALLY, I was hoping for a photo/website/seed company PHOTO of the finished product.
It sounds like they took seeds out of tomato in a salad they had at a restaurant. I'd guess it was a Spanish restaurant, and it was a purple/black tomato. If that is the case, they wouldn't have any idea what the variety name would be. Without a name, pictures of the tomato would be difficult to produce.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
:lol:
ACTUALLY, I was hoping for a photo/website/seed company PHOTO of the finished product.
These seeds came from tomatoes I purchased and we had as meza, snack, I saved the Seed on a napkin in an envelope,6 or 7 years ago, they were extremely dark purple, and very tasty, bought them at a small market in Carson City, NV,,,

P Suckling

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Olmeca F1
I have a few seedlings, I was bored and going through seed cash picked out seeds I gleaned from a meal years ago, Almeca I think is the name, way too early here, I have to keep these babies safe, don't want to let them get spindly, did this cause I wasn't thinking,,, well that's it,,,
I'm at daughters house, I'll have to arrange lightning not enough from the windows,,,Ooof Amaan!
Olmeca F1, good luck with the seedlings. You might also look for Kumato which is very similar or the same. https://www.seednet.eu.com/product/1323/olmeca.html

Latest posts