Spent the morning...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
...cleaning up some stuff from the storm, and running to the dump. However, since I was out and about the yard and garden we had some GREAT looking spinach and lettuce. So we harvested a 2 gallon bucket of spinach, lettuce, radish & some fresh spring onions. Think a salad and some turkey sausage will finish our afternoon off on the grill.

Sadly, the store didn't do much good for our squash starts and some cukes, so now those have to be replaced. :(

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm very jealous of your harvest, Vfem. It sounds delicious! I am just now building my raised beds, so eventually will get to pick something good. If all goes well, that is!!! :coolsun

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Spinach & Lettuce sounds good vfem!! I'm going to sow some spinach this week, then I can harvest some too :) .

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Your garden is definitely ahead of mine by a week or three!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is this the storm out of Alabama?

I've been wondering about BoggyB. He is in southeastern Alabama and I think the killer storms went north.

Weren't you on kind of the wrong side of the hill for that storm, V?

Your veggies sound wonderful :)!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Delicious! I peeked at my spinach row- nothing yet!!! Waiting, waiting.... Enjoy your harvest!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Is this the storm out of Alabama?

I've been wondering about BoggyB. He is in southeastern Alabama and I think the killer storms went north.

Weren't you on kind of the wrong side of the hill for that storm, V?

Your veggies sound wonderful :)!

Steve
Thanks all, it was quite yummy... everything has done pretty good given our up and down climates as of late.

Steve, yeah central NC got hit pretty bad actually... several tornados touched down all around me but only missing us by miles. We lost powers and we lost plants... some branches but no trees in our wooded area at all.

Had to replace squash starts and peppers today though, lost almost all of those and hoping 3 tomatoes that look bad survive.

I was worried about Boggy too? Has he posted this weekend?

I do think we have 33 confirmed deaths as of 6pm tonight. Still several people missing. Looks like Sanford got the worst of it, but even North Raleigh near where I used to live was a lot of damage. This is NOT common for us here at all, this is worse then the tornados that hit in '84. 3 times as many touched down this time. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, you are talking about Sanford, North Carolina, V!

I thought the damage was all in Alabama and Arkansas. I guess I am out of the news loop this weekend!

No, no word from Boggy. I did look at the location of the 2 Alabama towns that made the news yesterday and they were NOT close to Ashford.

The serious storm damage and the geographical extent of it -- too bad.

Steve

Latest posts