Spiders

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I live on 10 acres now, much of which is grass and trees. I knew this was going to be part of the reality but spiders scare the hell out of me and I fully admit the fear is unfounded.

i'm glad to hear from you how has it been going otherwise? i mean, besides being insanely busy and all that. 10 acres. my ghod's i wouldn't know what to do some days... even an acre is plenty here, but i could surely use 10 no problem. i'd just need minions, lots of minions... :)

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i'm glad to hear from you how has it been going otherwise? i mean, besides being insanely busy and all that. 10 acres. my ghod's i wouldn't know what to do some days... even an acre is plenty here, but i could surely use 10 no problem. i'd just need minions, lots of minions... :)

Been busy. Four kids & #5 is due on Monday.

Been busy taking care of chickens
20180729_180715_HDR.jpg

Been busy planting trees
20180728_155059_HDR.jpg
20180717_165806_HDR.jpg

And busy trying to finish up my compost bins
20180811_165946_HDR.jpg

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Why would anyone plant a catalpa tree unless that is only tree that can survive?
Haha. You seem to have some deep feelings about Catalpas there.

It's one of the varieties of species being target for planting in the Midwest due to climate change and the insects that are attacking other species.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Their wood isn’t good for anything-too weak for pallets, too light to put out heat in a fire, and they are a messy tree.... so except for the fact they can be used for quick growth to stop erosion, of what value are they?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Their wood isn’t good for anything-too weak for pallets, too light to put out heat in a fire, and they are a messy tree.... so except for the fact they can be used for quick growth to stop erosion, of what value are they?

quick wind break, quick shade, quick fodder for animals (i don't really know this are these trees basically edible?)...

and in some cases trees can actually encourage more erosion than grasses. just depends upon the individual situation/lay of the land/water flows, etc.

Latest posts