- Nov 23, 2014
- Reaction score
It went pretty well. I mean, we had a ramshackle setup (screwed a board to two trees (amur maple, so don't waste any tears on them) and attached the control cone to that) and had my normal woodworking temp-table (horses with some 2x6s and a sheet of plywood I cut in half and cut comfy handholds into) on top of that with a plastic table cloth and then our tubs of water all around for cleaning the birds including one that I ran a hose directly from the water heater in) but it worked.This should be interesting. Many of us have so if you have any specific questions, ask You are running out of time. In general start with sharp knives and have plenty of water handy.
Afterwards I actually got a "you were right. we should have gotten an outdoor burner like us used for deep frying so we had actual scalding water"
Anyways, we were able to harvest all but one, which apparently was not in the run when we got them in there two days prior. So now there's one lone guinea running around calling out for its buddies. Some of them look ok, but others look like we took a hammer to it. HAHA.
It was a good experience. I wouldn't want to go through all that effort for less than 14 birds though. The setup and tear-down is a lot of work. Not sure what else to share. My wife didn't want to kill any, so I did that and she did the catching of them with a big ass fishing net.