Spring arrives Wednesday

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spring officially arrives Wednesday, March 20th along with record breaking temperatures - our predicted temperature on Wednesday will be a record breaking low daytime temperature as we continue to avoid real spring weather a bit longer.

Are we happy yet? Not in south-eat, central-est Wisconsin.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We really are not too far apart Red, Our weather is much the same as yours. Snowing again this morning.... :(

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a cold rainy week forecast, too. We have had one and a half days of good spring weather so far. :( I feel so bad for people who work all week at a job, and then every weekend the weather turns even more miserable. How disheartening!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sure doesn't feel like spring here! At least, the chronic air inversion :/ and frozen, smoky stillness of early winter is only a memory.

It's the feel, I suppose. Windchill ! The afternoon high was 46F yesterday but with gusts over 30mph, it wasn't comfortable outdoors. The possibility of rain/snow has been in the forecast, it seems, forever! Very little rain has fallen here. Under scuttling clouds, with dark rain streaks all around, it was snowing here yesterday but at 46, melting on contact :rolleyes:.

Another windy day and then we get a break tomorrow the Weather Service says. Then back to wind and rain/snow possibilities
shock.gif

The furnace in the greenhouse needs to start churning out BTU's
cantlook.gif
. We are coming up to a very late start in doing that but that is as planned. I have been driven to distraction
smiley_looney.gif
by the recent cold, cloudy springs here and plants that were ready to go outdoors but too soon! Things probably won't be much different this year. The plants are only about a week late but, even without re-potting, life here in the south window is becoming cramped.

Now. Fire up the furnace out there while we have windchill in the teens? To save $$, I may be able to get thru the week by moving some of the babies out during the relatively sunny days. Need to be careful tho'. I can see me trying to get them back in the house with 35mph wind, heavy dark clouds and hail or something beginning to fall horizontally
1sm078eek.gif
!

Steve
in the land of fresh air!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been watching the weather patterns lately. All of this weather is originating in the PNW. Steve, will you please go out there and SHUT THE DAMN DOOR! :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Its snowing here again as I speak. Spring must be buried under all that snow. Winter just doesn't want to end this year.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain coming in here. Got to watch the thermometer. May need to shut watwer off to the camps and bathouse if it freezes.

Latest posts