DSC04005.JPG

Along the driveway
DSC04006.JPG

DSC04013.JPG

Nanking Cherry bloom
DSC03999.JPG

Columbine to bloom soon
DSC03987.JPG

Bleeding Heart ..... thanks @Smart Red :)
DSC03984.JPG

just about to open
DSC04019.JPG

A pretty white violet
DSC04012.JPG

Jack-in-a-pulpit emerging

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
love all the spring flower pix. mine are up and flowering among the overgrowth of weeds. its been a long while since ive gotten any yard work done and flower beds show it.
last year 14 mature oak trees were taken down in the yard si i have shady beds in full sun. lots to be moved. most flower beds should be dug up, reworked, and replanted. most of my 55 varieties of hosta are now in the sun as well.
im hoping son and backhoe can be used to dig up old plants and prep areas for planting. gonna have to be someone else or nothing gets done till late June at the earliest. thats when doctor says bone will be healed and therapy begun.
excuse the lack of CAPS and punctuation. one handed typing is not my forte.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
love all the spring flower pix. mine are up and flowering among the overgrowth of weeds. its been a long while since ive gotten any yard work done and flower beds show it.
last year 14 mature oak trees were taken down in the yard si i have shady beds in full sun. lots to be moved. most flower beds should be dug up, reworked, and replanted. most of my 55 varieties of hosta are now in the sun as well.
im hoping son and backhoe can be used to dig up old plants and prep areas for planting. gonna have to be someone else or nothing gets done till late June at the earliest. thats when doctor says bone will be healed and therapy begun.
excuse the lack of CAPS and punctuation. one handed typing is not my forte.

also perhaps just downsize and keep the rest more simple so it can be mowed easily. as much as i don't personally like lawns if you just mow 'em regularly (and don't do anything else) they're not hard to keep up. it's all the other fiddling with lawns that make them more work (weed spraying, fertilizing and watering so they grow faster and need mowing more often, bagging clippings, etc. nope, i ain't doing any of that here)...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My tulips are blooming too. All the perennials are starting to green up and grow. This is always the dangerous time of year because the beds appear to "need" more filling in. If I can hold myself back and wait a few more weeks there won't be any holes to be seen anywhere.

I was pulling lamium away from the sprouting hostas and thought of you @Carol Dee ... dang lamium. Haha

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My tulips are blooming too. All the perennials are starting to green up and grow. This is always the dangerous time of year because the beds appear to "need" more filling in. If I can hold myself back and wait a few more weeks there won't be any holes to be seen anywhere.

I was pulling lamium away from the sprouting hostas and thought of you @Carol Dee ... dang lamium. Haha
LOL, Yep, I keep pulling out the CRAZY HARDY Idaho Lamium !!!! And there is still PLENTY. Thank You :confused: If I do not stay ahead of it it will take over. Some years that is a good thing or there would be nothing but weeds there.

Latest posts