Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's a photo of one of my Magnolia blossoms in the front yard (Spring
spring 2013B 003.JPG
2013).

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
and the front yard....tulips are farther back.....Magnolias are up high on the right.....Daffodils/Grape Hyacinths are on right with Flowering Almonds in foreground....can't wait 'til this view again....
spring 2013B 004.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, those gardens are beautiful! I wish I could grow hostas on the ground. The snails would gobble them all up. But for some reason, they leave them alone in their pots. I also love bleeding hearts but can't grow them.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is all one (big) garden bed. It is my pride and joy for several reasons. First, I did all the work myself -- cleaning, tilling, planning, planting, and tending -- for it. Second, I have a special affection for shade plants seeing as I live in the woods. Third, this garden provides color at a time most perennials are not in flower. And finally, this area attracts and feeds hummingbirds just as they arrive in the spring.

One early spring I broke out in a severe case of poison ivy. I had a rash in places I couldn't even reach. It was so bad, I couldn't wear clothes properly so I couldn't go to work for nearly a week.

During that time, I pinned a shirt on backwards, got out the tiller, and this garden bed was born. Later we found out the poison ivy had gotten on my housecoat when Lucky Bucky came in from playing the woods and laid on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts