Spring Flowers

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here is another view of the yard looking over my rail fence thru the Lilacs and Apple blossoms.
spring 2013B 010.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, spring! My little lilac, in the sun, has more blooms each year!

I have been noticing how much moss is beginning to grow in my lawn. It has been on the north side of my picket fence for a long while but, with the trees on the west side of my house doing so well, the moss is showing up all over the place!

I don't mind the moss too much but, since the chickens are not out attacking it, more hosta would be nice.

Maybe it is time to move some fall-over poppies and take out some over-shadowed lawngrass.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ Red ... It looks like we have the same shady addiction... :cool:

The shade plants section is it first part of the garden catalogs I go to and read. There seem to be so many new plants, new colors, new varieties that brighten up the shady parts of the yard. Here is the place that "one of everything is a good start" had its start. With a newly cleaned out wooded area, there will be plenty of room to feed this addiction.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@digitS' ... that's pretty much what lead me to the craziness - a front yard full of Oaks, moss, and 4 blades of grass. :rolleyes: Not that I must have a perfectly manicured lawn, just a bit more curb appeal!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a nice little shady place by the house, north side. At this latitude, it gets a fair amount of sunlight early and late on summer days. Lady fern, bleeding heart, coralbells - the lilies of the valley don't bloom most years - too much shade? They may also be be overpowered by the clematis vine above them.

There are some nice daffs, crocus, and SIberian iris that bloom there early. They aren't much later than those in more sun.

The hostas are actually on the south side of the house but the north side of a tree. Need to spread them around!

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red ... It takes every ounce of self control not to look at catalogs. Lucky for me the local garden centers are stocked with things I already have, keeping my tiller in the shed.:D

But, I am excited for you! ... and now I might have to get a new Coral Bell ...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty, I love that picture of the lilac and apple tree. You'all have so much space/land! It feels so peaceful when everything is not "in your face".

Mary

Latest posts