Spring is here!

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It doesn't get any better than this, the temperature hit fifty plus, Simon woke up hungry as a bear, and, the kitchen is FINISHED!! :celebrate

spring.jpg

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Chipmunk are so adorable! Are they "pests"? We don't have them here in the other coast.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some people say they are pests and they very well may be. Simon showed up when he was a baby and we have tamed him and fed him. He has been living under our deck for about seven years and has not caused a single problem. The fact that he does not have to forage for food to survive probably keeps him from becoming a pest. He is a pest in that he sits staring at the back door for hours at a time looking for a handout making you feel guilty if you ignore him, other than that we enjoy having him around.

simon.jpg

Last edited:

rainey

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I can see why! How lucky to have a camera with you at that moment! That's a fantastic pic!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I agree, Spring came this week. The frogs started to sing and the birds are chattering. My chickens are losing feathers without molting, something I have never seen my chickens do before, AND the horses have started to shed.
Usually my horses roll off their coats, but I used to teach lessons and I knew that it was Spring bc I would be brushing them and get fur in my mouth!
Glad that I started Some seeds early, bc now I don't feel Like I am too far behind the season.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree, Spring came this week. The frogs started to sing and the birds are chattering. My chickens are losing feathers without molting, something I have never seen my chickens do before, AND the horses have started to shed.
Usually my horses roll off their coats, but I used to teach lessons and I knew that it was Spring bc I would be brushing them and get fur in my mouth!
Glad that I started Some seeds early, bc now I don't feel Like I am too far behind the season.

Well, winter paid a return visit and dumped well over a foot of heavy snow on us today. Simon most likely is taking a snooze again.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I didn't say they were molting. They are I dunno..."shedding." You can see a feather here and a feather there on one bird and then another at random looking like somebody was plucking them one feather at a time. Weird. Never seen it before.