Spring is on the way.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I don't think that the ground hogs will need to be killed this year. Yes the weather since Ground hog day has been awful and I think that it is going to cool back down after today. But in defense of the ground hog my chives have sprouted so spring must be on the way. ;)

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
It was 10F this morning :/
Yes but it's about 50 now and the sun is warming the soil and all the snow has melted today. It won't be long.:fl

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry Monty I live in the hills not the mountains. I really do live in the hills, I am in SE Ohio and still in a 5b zone so if it is getting nice here (although it has snowed everyday for almost a week) it will be warming up there too. :coolsun

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Spring type rainstorm coming in right now...suddenly...like gangbusters clouded up...it'll be raining dinosaurs and whales tonight! (never mind cats n dogs, never mind the poodles, watch out for the wooly mammoths) Then again, we can use it. Probably get snow on the mountains too with this one.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone unmix my metaphors, im kind of busy covering my wood n stuff.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was around 18 degrees this morning, I sure hope winter will come to an end soon. I'm noticing the daylight getting noticeably longer which feels good :celebrate . Soon in a few weeks the clocks will need to change an hour forward.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I read these the snow plows are rumbling past the house! I got up to 36 degrees this a.m. temps made it to 51 then dropped fast. :rant Came with light rain turning to WET snow by 5 p.m. We have a few inches now! Only in IA ?!?! Looks like an overnight temp of 10 degrees. Brr... Yet the days are getting noticeably longer as Greenthumb18 pointed out. :coolsun Yeah.

Latest posts