Springtime in New England--pic heavy

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know someone asked about golden chain trees a while back, but I can't for the life of me remember where exactly.

goldenchaintree1.jpg

Other pics from my yard:

Rock garden by the patio
bleedingheart.jpg

Peas
peas.jpg

Lilacs in the landscaping around the pool
poollilacs.jpg

lily of the valley
lilyofthevalley.jpg

DH and I bought this Abraham Lincoln lilac when we got married. Ten years later...
weddinglilac.jpg

redhen

Leafing Out
Reaction score
yup!.gotta love spring time in New England!....;o)..Wendy

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lovely - thanks especially for the pic of the golden chain tree. When I worked in Boston I use to commute past a white brick apartment building off Comm. Ave. that had one planted out front. It was a real treat to see it every day while it was in bloom!

Is your Bleeding Heart planting uder your Lilac? The Arnold Arboretum does that and it really looks great because they bloom at the same time.

~Phyllis

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, the bleeding hearts have...uh, naturalized. Apparently my neighbor originally planted one near their driveway many years ago, and the whole rest of the neighborhood benefited. Most of my bleeding hearts live in the rocks around the patio with the creeping phlox and lily-of-the-valleys. The lilacs are in a semi-feral hedge along a rock wall and a fence, with forsythia planted in between the larger ones. Previous owners, many of them, followed a "whatever's on sale at the hardware store" method of landscaping, so I have a lot of stuff that was planted in the 1980s and neglected ever since.

redhen

Leafing Out
Reaction score
yes..i LOVE lilac trees!...i FINALLY got one of my own last year..:weee...its supposed to have 3 differant color lilacs on it..white,pink and purple...when do you get flowers though?..it is still pretty small...i hope i can get flowers next year..so i can stop stealing my neighbors!...lol..(joking..they let me take them)...they make your house smell so good!:bouquet....take care, Wendy

Latest posts