Squash Freezing Question

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am bad, I pre-cook everything one way or another... then freeze so I can just nuke and serve when I want what I have in the freezer. Kinda like the green giant variety flavored veggies!

I stir-fry my squash and zuchinni with garlic and chives... and then freeze after I break it up into serving sized baggies.

My husband loves it when I'm not home and he need to make a quick meal. Slap some meat on the grill or oven and then nuke a bag of veggies. Kid is fed and mommy will approve! LOL

:lol:

P.s. - I did the wash and fresh on grated zuchinni for a bread recipe, I took it out of the freezer to defrost and by afternoon it was a pile of black mush! Nasty! And it was only in the freezer for about a week. I won't be doing that again.

Hencackle

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
As far as the zucchini bread goes, I make the bread right after grating the squash and freeze the loaf after it has cooled completely. To thaw, place in the refrigerator to thaw slowly.

It's a great thing to have for a special weekend breakfast...sometimes we even toast the slices in the toaster oven and serve with lots of butter. Yummy!

Latest posts