Staff Intervention

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A printer on wireless may help.

I keep track of some things on Evernote. It especially helps me with math records. A weakness ... ahem ...

Evernote allows editing, something that would be awkward if I just emailed a note to myself. They also have some kind of "work chat" & network sharing. But, however that might work - a wireless printer would always be available from any device in the office.

Steve
who was an office worker for like 6 months, nearly 50 years ago ...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, that was probably enough time to decide you didn't want to be an office worker.
I worked in a shoe factory for about 3 days. Talk about hard work! And piece work makes a person mean! Clearly not what I was cut out for. I am much too delicate a flower for that back breaking work.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, they don't teach cursive writing in school anymore and not many people seem to know how to read well because of that. i get annoyed when someone will say 'ax' instead of ask.

i did genealogy with my mother for a little time so she always had me help decipher certain old docs because i could pick up on the letters and old spellings of words used a couple hundred years back. old records used to be kept with churches so most times it was someone who was well educated that kept the records, but the shape of some old writing isn't what you see in use today.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's not your handwriting NYboy, maybe it's their reading skilz. :confused:
Amen !!! All we hear today is how wonderful our teachers are, overworked and underpaid . compare to yesteryear and see the world rankings of our education system ... Hmmm ! :caf

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an excellent staff. Cursive is not taught (nor should it be). Doctors catch a bad rap as prescriptions used to be written in Latin.

Easy solution is use voice recognition on phone. Problem is dialect as most of us don't speak "normal". :)

@bobm our smart kids are still some of the brightest in world. Problem is our dumb are getting dumber thanks to no kid left behind and parents (should I say lack of parents). Another discussion for another thread.

Latest posts