Start of 2015 Seedling Planting!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
150 gallons to fill, had to thaw the hose in the house, then stand holding the hoses while the troughs sloooly filled in 20F temps and windy...took forever!
ho.jpg

Dog is living in her coat because the power is out, she's not pleased.
wo.jpg

And here's one greenhouse up. Pots were just in there to see how many fit of that size, 48 6x6" pots.
ta.jpg

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had to turn on the light, old seeds sprouted much faster than anticipated!
Planted 6 seeds of the new tomatoes in the greenhouse in the living room.

pl.jpg
cwp.jpg

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm planning my garden now, and I was wondering: Do you think I should soak my seeds before I start them in my seed starter? ( I have a burpee seed starter and a burpee greenhouse kit if that matters.)

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I soak corn for 24hrs before planting it, haven't soaked anything else.
I don't think it would hurt any to soak other seeds for 6-12hrs before planting. Might just make them harder to split up and plant one by one, though, lol.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm planning my garden now, and I was wondering: Do you think I should soak my seeds before I start them in my seed starter? ( I have a burpee seed starter and a burpee greenhouse kit if that matters.)

Most seeds respond well to a little soaking (6+ hours), but be careful to not go too far past the 24 hour mark as some will be "drowned".

Some seeds also like to be roughed up a little with some sand paper (helps with the uptake of water).

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
drove to the hydroponic store piked up big bag of sunshine soil and some new trays and 6 pack starter cells, slowly getting ready for this up coming season. while there picked a small bag of ocean forest potting soil, while the g/m was out of town last week the person in charge forgot to water it, poor plant. she called me after i got home yesterday and asked if could resurrect it. if it makes though the weekend will bring it home monday for some "intensive care" once looking better will transplant into a much bigger pot....

Latest posts