started my cool weather gardens today, woo hoo!!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've been unemployed for about 3 months now, at first I didn't know what to do with myself till about 4 weeks into the layoff. I got the urge to keep myself busy to I started to renovate my house so it began and almost 4 months later now I haven't taken a day off till today when the temps were in the 60's and the sun was shining and my dear wife said she was going to mow the lawn while I was working on setting the base cabinets in the kitchen. Right then and there I dropped my tools and started weed wacking and got to the raised beds when I got this urge to start planting.. I went to the chicken run with the wheelbarrow and filled it with the composted chicken poop and threw it in one of my raised beds, then another, then another. Next thing I knew I had 4 beds full of compost and went in the house to get the seeds and planted radishes, lettuce, spinach, beets, carrots and onions. What a wonderful day it was! A welcome break from working in the house.. It's just begun, now I only have 8 more raised beds to plant and 2 large gardens to plant potatoes and corn in but that can wait till danger of frost is over!! :tools

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah! could you come over! to bad we don't really have thawed out ground yet up here but i could use some help renovating my FIL's 110+ yr old house we'll be moving to in the next few months! :lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Shoot... I'm a shorter drive... you are welcome in my garden mess anytime!!!!!!!! :lol:

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Isn't that a great feeling! We are still looking at a foot of icy, crusty snow everywhere. :he

Gardening is the best form of therapy there is. IMHO :thumbsup

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
Shoot... I'm a shorter drive... you are welcome in my garden mess anytime!!!!!!!! :lol:
Hmmm, now wouldn't that be a great little business Idea, starting gardens for people who don't have time to!! :)