Starter Seedling Prices

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I almost fainted yesterday. The local Walmart had some starter plants for sale. I went over and looked. For a single hot pepper plant or patio tomato, $2.98?!?!

YIKES :th

If you were debating on whether or not to start your own plants, you may want to break out those seed packets. There is still time to start your own.

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had to break down & buy some red leaf lettuce from Walley World, as I couldn't find seeds anywhere around here. $1.65 for a 4-pack.

I might have to buy 'maters & peppers, too...my seeds failed miserably! :(

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
If you were debating on whether or not to start your own plants, you may want to break out those seed packets. There is still time to start your own.
:thumbsup

Yep, and maybe grow a few extra....make a little pin money. :D

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to pay that much all the time, but now we started from seed this year. So we are paying that much for a hundred or so plants now! Yeehawww.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I almost fainted yesterday. The local Walmart had some starter plants for sale. I went over and looked. For a single hot pepper plant or patio tomato, $2.98?!?!

YIKES :th

I can remember my dad selling vegetables plants for 1.50 a dozen.
Now Walmart gets twice that much for one plant. :rolleyes:

Chris

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started mine from seed and based on those prices I should hire an armed guard to watch my plants. :lol:

toms2011.jpg

Latest posts