Starting Larkspur Seeds

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
[QUOTE="catjac1975, post: 285696, member: 2197"Often seeds like that need to be chilled and directions from the seller rarely give you the correct information. /QUOTE]
Don't you Hate that! :somad It's like giving somebody your favorite recipe and leaving OUT an ingredient so that they cannot duplicate it!
@Nyboy, I have to clean up the forest of Rose of Sharon every year around my one bush/tree, but I love the flower and the hummingbirds so I don't want to chop it down. There are new varieties that do not make seed available. MINE was a gift that I put in about 10 years ago. The pink one in my shade didn't make it, but I'm not fond of pink, so I didn't mind too much.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="catjac1975, post: 285696, member: 2197"Often seeds like that need to be chilled and directions from the seller rarely give you the correct information. /QUOTE]
Don't you Hate that! :somad It's like giving somebody your favorite recipe and leaving OUT an ingredient so that they cannot duplicate it!
@Nyboy, I have to clean up the forest of Rose of Sharon every year around my one bush/tree, but I love the flower and the hummingbirds so I don't want to chop it down. There are new varieties that do not make seed available. MINE was a gift that I put in about 10 years ago. The pink one in my shade didn't make it, but I'm not fond of pink, so I didn't mind too much.
I bought some seed for an interesting flower that looked like dust.. It need some sort of smoke/moisture treatment in order to germinate. The instructions were not included-had to research it. Never bothered. As for rose of sharon-they love to be excessively pruned in order to get lush blooms. Cut it back and throw away the seed pods just after bloom. It will save a lot of effort in reducing the seedlings that get everywhere.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Rose of Sharon go back to my frugal grandmother. I surprise she use space in her tiny city lot for them. Every tree and plant provided some kind of food. Then one day I came across a list of things Rose of Sharon where good for. It was in grandmas garden because it had use. Unfortunately I was never able to find list again.

Latest posts