Still alive and kicking

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hoodat!!! So happy you stopped in to say Hello!! I think of you and wonder how you are doing.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello Hoodat, the man who taught me that lady bugs migrate. I'm happy that you've posted and are still around. My mother moved into a retirement place this past March, and although she painfully had to downsize her "stuff", at 88 she's loving the company there. I hope you have friends too! Please stay in touch with us! We love you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was wondering about you a few days ago, so happy to hear from you. Please stay on here and join in like you always did. You may not be gardening any more, but you have so much to offer. We need your vast experience and wisdom!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks all for your welcome. The thing I miss most about my garden is the heirloom vegetables I grew there; especially the tomatoes. The ones on our menu are store bought and that means GMO. Those things taste like cardboard. It's hard to tell whether you are eating tomatoes or the box they came in. :( I spent so much time and effort getting good organic soil and I hear the new owner turned it back into grass. At least he'll have a great lawn there. :old

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a scare a few weeks ago when I noticed a lump in my right breast. When I had a mammogram the results showed no cancer (TG) but it seems I have had a shift in hormones and I'm now growing boobs. I checked on the Mayo Clinic site and the condition is apparently not as uncommon as you might think. It seems to be harmless except psychologically. Maybe I can get a job at the circus as the bearded lady. Anybody got a training bra they aren't using? :oops::ep
I am looking up old sites I was once on and after much searching I was able to find the archives for Paperback Swap. I was glad to see that the humorous short stories I wrote there are still to be found. I thought they were gone forever but I was able to retrieve them and now have them again.
http://www.paperbackswap.com/the_eclectic_pen/all_member_stories.php?m=M0h2dEc3b2t5dXc9

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will enjoy reading at that website, Hoodat.

I spent so much time and effort getting good organic soil and I hear the new owner turned it back into grass. At least he'll have a great lawn there.
I commuted to my parent's place to garden for years. Dad sectioned off a large part of his suburban backyard. I was a nearby neighbor for awhile but continued to commute for gardening after moving some distance away.

A dozen years passed this way and Dad sold the place. I have looked in the backyard with the satellite pictures. The current owner removed the concrete blocks separating that section -- All Lawn! Oh boy, what a contrast in colors.

As someone who eats (don't we all ;)?) I eat lots of greens but there is special pleasure in watching plants grow completely through fruiting and maturing of fruit. My garden has just now reached Tomato Season!

Steve

PhilaGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I once moved to a place that had a large green lawn and I said "what a great location for a garden."

Come to turn it over and found that I wasn't the first to think that. I later learned that it had been a beautiful flower garden a few decades earlier and the soil was so rich from all the composted cow manure that had been added year after year. Probably the best growing I ever experienced.

Just to say, you never know when your favorite gardening spot will be rediscovered and appreciated! :thumbsup

Latest posts