Still Trying with the Avatar

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
OK, I have the 4-leaf clover that digit'S posted saved to my desk top, and also saved in a folder.
I have been clicking on the avatar creator page. I click on the blank area where it says "browse" and it brings up various images from folders to choose from. I scroll down and click on the clover. I right click it, and click cut. Then minimize that page, get the avatar creator page back up in front. I right click, but paste isn't in bold, so I can't paste. I click copy, but nothing happens.
There aren't any other options that I can see...

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think, if you're seeing and using the browse button, and you can find your picture, you just need to LEFT click on it, not copy and paste. Try that!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, you shouldn't need to copy and paste now since the image has already been moved where the avatar editor can find it. You are 99% there, So Lucky!

Once you have guided the avatar editor to the image, just left click on it. Whatever name it has, that name will show up on the "file name" at the bottom of the page.

Now click "Open" and I think you are done!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay So Lucky, maybe I can stumble along with you here. I just went in and changed mine again just so I could remember. oh, I'm already forgetting!

Okay, when in your preferences, click on avatar.
Then click browse.
Click on the image you want, then click open.

Now I didn't adjust the size of my file at all and it loaded fine, so just try it without messing with the size.

Then go down to the bottom and check the box that says delete current avatar. And then click okay.

Then you should be able to close that message box, refresh your TEG page and hopefully you'll see your new avatar.

eta- you won't have the option box of deleting current avatar since you don't have one to delete! Just discovered that.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
HEY!! I did it! My little lap top was not displaying the whole avatar creator, and the "open" button on the bottom of the page was not visible.:duc So I got on DH's desktop computer and logged on. Finally, I feel like a real person!, lol

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for your help. with all this information, I figured out that I wasn't seeing the whole picture.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There you go, So Lucky! Yay!

Yes, the "question mark" is a little ooddd . . . I could say more about being represented by a question mark but . . . I won't;).

Now go ahead and think of that clover as a "place holder" or something. Your lantana picture is probably just a little too large. I'm often going into Microsoft Paint ~ I know, the very oldest program in Windows, but still useful!

It will quickly rotate a photo or resize it. (TEG seems to require 200 pixels on the side or smaller.) Then Paint saves things. Back to the Pictures folder - I can do what I want with it!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yehawww! Got that Lucky 4 leaf Clover, or is it Oxalis(?), but that's LUCKY!

I kind of wonder if resolution settings or zoom settings that cut off the right side of the page or the bottom part of those new transparent overlay things is a main part of some folks' problems.

I'm still fine tuning my resolution settings. Here's a strange one about those settings: setting it to make bigger text, (on my acer google chromebook anyway), actually is setting it for lower resolution numbers. I think that is an artifact of letting little elfish geeks be in charge of designing computer systems...and little teeny buttons on gadgets and cameras, and everything digital in general. (((My opinion, as usual probably a despised opinion, is that they should let the little elf geeks miniaturize the gadgets, come up with their little protocols, but then have normal sized folks translate those protocols, into normal words and numbers, and, and enlarging cover parts and add bigger normal sized buttons to the gadgets and cameras.

But there I go, trying to think again!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yippee! Congratulations So Lucky!

Sometimes not seeing the whole picture is a problem in many areas.:/

Steve, I think I saw a message on the avatar making page that said the picture should be at least 200 x 200 pixels....?
But I could be making that up.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yehawww! Got that Lucky 4 leaf Clover, or is it Oxalis(?), but that's LUCKY!

I kind of wonder if resolution settings or zoom settings that cut off the right side of the page or the bottom part of those new transparent overlay things is a main part of some folks' problems.

I'm still fine tuning my resolution settings. Here's a strange one about those settings: setting it to make bigger text, (on my acer google chromebook anyway), actually is setting it for lower resolution numbers. I think that is an artifact of letting little elfish geeks be in charge of designing computer systems...and little teeny buttons on gadgets and cameras, and everything digital in general. (((My opinion, as usual probably a despised opinion, is that they should let the little elf geeks miniaturize the gadgets, come up with their little protocols, but then have normal sized folks translate those protocols, into normal words and numbers, and, and enlarging cover parts and add bigger normal sized buttons to the gadgets and cameras.

But there I go, trying to think again!
Hey Marshall, I changed my computer's resolution back to the recommended size, and then pulled up the avatar creator and now I can see the whole thing. I can't remember why I had it changed, but, it was. I have a constant gripe about how much viewing area there is on my laptop, anyway. The screen is 7.5" high, but with the toolbars and different headings and the task(?) bar at the bottom, the viewing area without me "F-11"ing it is only 5.5". Regardless, thanks for reminding me about the resolution. :cool:

Latest posts