Stinking, lazy cats!!!!!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bringing dead mice to house, would be OK. They are so lazy, they don't touch the filthy little things.....

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They are so lazy

It is necessary to buy a hamster and week feed him food for cats, that they saw. Cats do not you let the food. I'm sure in a week later cats will kill mice in the house, next to the house, and then carry away and neatly folded around the dumpster.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we lived in the basement, my cat Begonia would catch mice and munch them in my daughter's room at night.. While I appreciated that she was catching and killing the mice, my daughter was not nearly as thrilled with hearing the crunch, crunch of mouse heads under her bed.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I do not know what it would be number 1 in the list of desires: the squeak of mice under the bed or crunch of mouse heads. :idunno Probably the good old mousetrap.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
ALMOST free of extra cats. Last weekend some lady called bc of a flyer I had put up last November for another batch of kittens, those all gone, and she wanted two kittens for her barn. She had been calling and getting the same reaction that I had gotten, about how cruel it is to put a cat in a barn. HA!!! MY barn has a flight of stairs to the loft, which is flush with hay and very warm and dry. I cut cat holes in the door to the grain room and the door to the garage room of the barn, so they can safely hunt and get away from any predators. I also have a heated water bowl in the garage and I feed them every day. When I was down to one cat in 2015 I was seeing mouse droppings everywhere and had to catch mice in the house. I haven't seen a live mouse in months.
When I first kept horses the farmer never fed his cats. There were plenty of mice and rats and HIS cats were all sick. I fed a stray that showed up one day, and he got filled in and sleek. I visited a nearby farm after he disappeared and saw that he had crossed the road and found better quarters there when we compared notes.
I'll be putting the last two kittens AND their feral mother up on Craig's list this week. Then I'll be down to 6 cats, 4 males and two spayed females. The feral mother has had two litters and doesn't want to stop. ALL of her second litter are female, diluted calico, which my Vet tells me are always female.
Good news! The two that I gave away last week have settled in nicely. Their little girl has fallen in love with them and I was sent a video of her playing with them.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i have 2 calico kitties that frequent my yard. i know who owns one the other i have no clue but think it is the same people since this one is very young & seems to run for their yard a lot. there is an orange male that belongs to a neighbor down the street. i have seen him in my yard too. last year i had a newbie in my yard i've never seen before-black & white & i think male since he was really large. shows no fear but won't let me get too close. don't think he's feral, just not friendly with strangers.

i have no problem with cats being outside. i don't let mine outside if i can help it. we may have domesticated them but they still have wild tendencies & will use those instincts when needed.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw an ad yesterday for someone trying to give a away a 16yr old cat that hates all other cats and must live outside. The reason.. it has been trying to kill the 'new' cat for a couple of months now.
All I could think was .. WHY aren't you trying to give away the kitten and keep that old girl where she is happy for her last days??!!??!!!!!

Latest posts