Stool Safety

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks,

Yeah, it was just me who was okay.

The stools took the brunt of it . . . I finally threw away a stool I made years ago. It was made out of 2 by 6's and DW said, "It's too heavy!" So, I took it out and drilled 1" holes in it! Everywhere I could fit that 1" bit in, I drilled a hole . . . It looked like Swiss cheese. It was lighter, unrated, and still, I could trust it not to collapse.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wallp, hope I'm not next. At night my flat of beans goes on top of the wardrobe. I set my plastic outside chair in front of it for getting it up there. Sure hope it holds!

Luckily for me, my Hyperthyroid keeps my weight down.

Should I invent the hyperthyroid weight loss program and make a bazillion dollars?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
What the heck is a kitchen stool for, except standing on??! The only way for me to tip the scales at 200# exactly, is to take my clothes off. Exactly 200# breaks the stool! I put the experience down to continuing my efforts to keep winter weight off! It did make me mad, tho' :rolleyes:.
Steve
Steve, I'm very glad that only your pride was hurt... but I have to ask... is the painting without clothes to save on cleanup time???
:gig

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.

How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx

Just to be as accurate as possible, I climbed on the scales after reading this . . . 202#, in my pajamas. And, heavy wool socks - I hasten to add!

Steve

Groucho.jpg

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas.

How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx

Just to be as accurate as possible, I climbed on the scales after reading this . . . 202#, in my pajamas. And, heavy wool socks - I hasten to add!

Steve

http://www.evl.uic.edu/pape/Marx/Groucho.jpg
Steve, you could go out and spade your frozen, rock strewn garden for 8 hours to burn off that 2 extra pounds :tools OR take off those pajamas and heavy wool socks and wala 200 lbs on the nose ! :ep

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Steve, I'm very glad that only your pride was hurt... but I have to ask... is the painting without clothes to save on cleanup time???
:gig
Ha! That's funny Cane!
If you paint with the right color you don't even have to worry about cleanup!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How well do you think the clerk at the paint counter did matching my color?:

4989_dsc00633.jpg

It didn't change much once it was dry, after all!

:D Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of these days I'd love to paint my cabin all rainbows, inside and out. Just not sure how much of it would be done using a stool. Paintbrush extensions and holders are real good these days, and the small wizz rollers barely weigh anything even at the end of an extension handle.