Straight Men And Bed Linens

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Because of a early morning delivery my nephew slept over last night. I was not sure if cleaning lady changed sheets since pumpkin pie guess so wanted to put fresh linens on guess bed. I asked my nephew to hand me the fitted sheet, he gave me the top sheet. I explained fitted sheet was one with elastic fitting over mattress His reply I am a straight guy we don't know names of sheets. My reply your 30 years old you should. Straight guys do you know what a top sheet, fitted sheet, bed skirt/ dust ruffle, duvet, sham, boudoir pillow are ? Do you make your bed every day ?

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Because of a early morning delivery my nephew slept over last night. I was not sure if cleaning lady changed sheets since pumpkin pie guess so wanted to put fresh linens on guess bed. I asked my nephew to hand me the fitted sheet, he gave me the top sheet. I explained fitted sheet was one with elastic fitting over mattress His reply I am a straight guy we don't know names of sheets. My reply your 30 years old you should. Straight guys do you know what a top sheet, fitted sheet, bed skirt/ dust ruffle, duvet, sham, boudoir pillow are ? Do you make your bed every day ?

Don't count on that Alex, ask me how I know this :lol:.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would guess more straight men know what a fitted sheet is. and a top sheet. As for the rest, I'm sure many don't know. I've never heard of a boidouire pillow. (see, I can't even spell it!)

What most men and women don't know is that you put the patterned top sheet down on the bed, upside down. That way when you pull back the covers, you've got the pattern showing, vs being covered up by the blanket.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
... or wives that won't let them make the bed, because only they can do it right. ;) Agreed that sexual orientation is irrelevant, some adult female members of my own extended family couldn't (or wouldn't?) make a bed properly, even if you gave them written instructions. It's just a question of neat, or not.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boudoir pillow round one infront
upload_2018-12-14_15-58-53.png