Strawberries for 2020

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Putting my order in for 50 Ozark plants early this year. I was thinking only 25, but I have a lot of kids and a big area that I built specifically for strawberries, so I might as well load it up on Ozarks and Yellow Wonders. Getting in there before another spring rush.

good luck! we're really enjoying the strawberries i put up from last summer. this is the perfect time to have them, it is like opening a jar of sunshine. :)

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So I was putting it off until next year to do any strawberries as I just didn't have the cash to do more raised beds. But as I was dumping the few scraped together buckets I could muster from the scraps of horse manure and compost, dirt & sand I had left from last year for topping my corn rows and squash mounds I said "screw it" and figured I could use some of the branches I've been cutting down from the amur maple to create a triangular raised bed at the end of our squash patch, which would create a nice path way up between one garden section and the other towards our compost bins. I'm ordering dirt for my tree farm anyways, so it might as well just get increased by a few yards to account for this bed. Go pick some fruit from that money tree :/

Anyways, I thought I was set with seeds for the year, since like all of you I order my seeds in the Jan and Feb timeframe, and thus got ahead of all the rush that closed out and sold out most of the seed sites. Turns out now that I've decided to do strawberries I should get some seeds. Turns out it's hard to find the ones I want that I grew at our last house (Alexandria & Yellow Wonder). After looking all over I found one site that said they were only one to two weeks behind in shipping instead of the 30-40 days most of the other sites were saying. Anyways, in case you want to try these buggers out head on over to Pine Tree Garden seeds (https://www.superseeds.com/).
I've never grown strawberries from seeds! That's cool! I don't think our growing season here would be long enough for that in the PNW.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've never grown strawberries from seeds! That's cool! I don't think our growing season here would be long enough for that in the PNW.
I don't know, but I would say you have a pretty good climate for it. When I did them from seed a few years back I put seeds down in April and May and had berries by mid summer.

Latest posts