stubbed toes and mud pies

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a bit later yesterday the power company finally replaced the leaning power pole that has been appearing in many of my pictures of sunsets and trees or whatever at the end of the driveway for 20 years. i had some time to watch how that was done and to take pictures of the whole process.

after they left i noticed it was leaning the other way a bit. not as noticeable as the other lean from before but, yep, it's there. so i'd been laughing the rest of the day about that. now i get to take a lot of pictures of that new pole. i guess the force must be balanced or it is karma or yin-yang or something like that. it's still funny. :) yes, i'm easily amused. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the old one has appeared in so many pictures over the years even when i try to edit around it:

100_7937_W_Central_2013_thm.jpg

p8310011_Bat_Clouds_thm.jpg

p7110007_Brick_Drive_thm.jpg

DSC_20191109_104421-0500_17_N_Garden_RTNW_thm.jpg

DSC_20200912_143551-0400_632_From_Back_thm.jpg

the new one i'll get posted eventually i'm sure. in the meantime i've come up with a name for it. Lenny. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
but,

🎼
Lenny in the Sky Ain't Declinin'
🎶

i know that song!

Leaning Lenny is a bit to the left instead of harder to the right as before. the picture from Apr 29th is not quite level. i took 56 pictures during the whole operation and one is worth putting up as it shows both poles standing together so you can see the difference in how the previous pole was leaning. that sounds like a good morning project... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
finally got a picture of a young one today as now both nests have hatched out. i've been trying for many many years to get any kind of picture close enough to be interesting enough. this year seems like a pretty early hatch compared to many in the past but that is perhaps because i recall them hatching after they've tried and failed with an earlier laying. either way it was great!

i got pictures of the last chick of the eight eggs (in two nests) such a tiny one still in the nest and then Mom saw one running around that i could get a picture taken. at one point it got trapped in between some rocks. i picked it up and moved it to where it could run off again. it was very precious and soft and it did not want to be held at all. set it down and off it ran. i wished i could get a picture of it in my hand but it wouldn't be still and i wasn't going to try to keep it any longer than i already did. then snapped a picture as it was in between steps - rarely standing still for longer than a split second.

DSC_20220502_120609-0400_1433_Lil_Peeper_thm.jpg

oh! i just was able to get a much better picture. Mom came in and said the last hatchling was out in the pathway and that perhaps i could get a picture of that one instead. yep... will get it posted later. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts