stubbed toes and mud pies

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now THAT is one I hadn't thought of. Do Jr. Mints go well with potato? I love Jr. Mints. Haven't had them in years, but I can almost taste them right now just by thinking of them.

i think they go well with almost everything. :) i mentioned here (i think it might have been before you joined TEG) that Jr Mints go well with carrots if you are trying to get a reluctant child to eat more carrots.

most of the time we have them with popcorn for dinner. not often. just once a month or so.

i also found out they work very well squished between two crackers. they taste better than a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie. however, since i'm trying to not have too much sugar these days i don't normally eat them every day. i try to keep it down to one square of good chocolate.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Goats are crazy for them too, like a kid with a sweet-tooth goes for candy.

isn't it easier to just say what goats won't eat? :) when you see the barren Middle East i'm pretty sure that too many goats doing unrestricted grazing had a lot to do with that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the deer are willing to come in here and raid even though they are fenced on three sides. i need to close up the area more. :( i don't really have the funds for doing that right now.

i can see how the natives must have been able to trap them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, goats are like deer. They should be embarrassed ...

It might be likely that we couldn't keep them as domestic animals until we had negotiated a relationship with their canine predators. "You can both be here in relative security if you dogs will protect the goats. And, you goats will stay around and be milked. We humans get the cheese."

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
deer tracks in the snow...

DSC_20230203_105947-0500_1846_Deer_Tracks_thm.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today is check on the worms and get them fed and watered as needed. it makes for a busy morning but i always enjoy seeing my wormy friends and checking out how their respective bucket habitats are doing. each one can be different. plus it gets my eyes off the computer screen and looking at some dirt - that's always an improvement. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow-- that is a massive piece of property that you have there. Lucky you--no shortage of growing space!

there's a lot of room on the other side of that large drainage ditch that goes through our lot but it isn't easy to get at and would require fences to make it usable for gardening. to say the least, right now i consider it wasted space. the lot is 400ft x 200ft. almost two acres. a lot of complications (two large ditches and a hedge and other drainage channels needed for the flash floods).

one of my goals for this season is to reclaim yet more of the grassy areas that used to be a garden i'd have for green manure. i can always plant more beans. :) :) :) no fences though around that enough to keep the deer out so... always a challenge.

Latest posts