Stupidity in action

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
THIS IS A RANT
FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS POST
I wanted to keep my gardening thread free of politics, but I wanted to share things that I have heard about that I believe, are very harmful.
More stupidity~
I had to go to page 3 of Google to find any article about the denial of correlation of whale deaths that happened RIGHT AFTER windfarm companies were using explosives to create holes in the ocean floor. First 2 Google pages denied, called it coincidence, but
"Since Dec. 1, seven dead humpback whales and one sperm whale have been seen along the New Jersey shore, and eight other humpbacks and two North Atlantic right whales washed up along the coast between New York and North Carolina"
that many whales dead in a short time is hardly a coincidence.
There are only 70 breeding females left in the population.
AS USUAL, with "clean energy", it is ALWAYS "N.I.M.B.Y.", Not In My Back Yard.
Our government didn't want to investigate.
Just like in my state of Illinois, the government is OBSESSED with forcing their residents to tolerate giant pinwheels. We had a derachio in June. I still have 2 trees down and a limb that I cannot seem to wrest free from the trunk of it's maple tree. We lost power for 3 days. The Wind Farm just south and east of us sat...not turning, BUT their red lights were blinking EVERY NIGHT. Ameren couldn't give our little town power, but the wind turbines got their electricity, which they Always use to keep turning. I don't yell or raise my fists at them anymore. They will be the new Edsel, when everybody looks back at them in history. People don't realize. You would think that they would have been our back up energy, like a generator.
WE don't get to use ANY of the electricity that they produce. OUR power is produced by the Clinton Nuclear power plant.
The power from these wind turbines is pumped through wires someplace else. And the land owners cash in every month on "government subsidies," the new name for our taxes that are being given away.
BTW, this is how you site when you publish, giving credit to another source, but using direct quotes, so that you get it right, and don't speculate. That's for those who might think plagerism is now okay.
I Just want American farmers, ranchers, and fisherman to stay in business. Maine lobsterman now are fishing with an arm behind their backs, literally hogtied by government regulation and interference, and I wanted to share this.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i already know you have a thing against wind farms so there's nothing new in this to me. but yes, very OT for TEG.

Latest posts