Success?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My newest purchase for the yard was a questionable success. DH and I were out raking the front yard for 3+ hours. I saved him some of the hard work by doing the dumping while he raked. Then DS arrived. DH left the rest of the front to Gypsy and me while he helped put the new leaf collector together.

Once the gadget was ready for use, it was ready for me(?). I "raked" leaves out of the two yards bordering the driveway in front, as well as the west side and back of the house. DH was content to watch me for a few minutes then tabled his rake and went to help clean and start the corn burner in the woodshop.

I'm not sure I thought this through. I'm not sure I intended to take over the leaf work by myself when I bought the collector. . . I guess it's my job now! Of course, now that I have it I can get the leaves before they hide the grass. Today, the lawn was so leafy that I barely got started with an area and the bag was full and ready for dumping. Lots of dumping! Lots and lots of dumping! Then I had to move the dumped leaves into the circular leaf cage under the singing trees. Perhaps after the next 3-4 days of rain the leaves will have settled down and I'll be able to add more to the pile. Right now it is filled and overflowing.

But. . . it worked much faster and easier than having DH hand raking. In that way it was an unqualified success!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We use the grass catcher on the lawn tractor to mulch and pick up the leaves. It reduces the volume and makes great mulch for my flower beds.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hmmm... sounds to me like you just bought more work for yourself. Odd how things like turn out, eh? :/

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Hmmm... sounds to me like you just bought more work for yourself. Odd how things like turn out, eh? :/
Right! I was only thinking of making things easier for HIM. I didn't think this through to its logical conclusion. SIGH!

Latest posts