Suggestions for a Weed Trimmer for a Wimp?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I managed to kill my electric weed trimmer last summer, so I need to get a new one, but dragging around all that electric cord was a PIA. Does anyone have any suggestions for a gas or battery trimmer that is not too heavy? I don't need it for really heavy-duty weeds; mostly grasses and lawn weeds around the garden fence and chicken pen.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty strong arms but back can't tolerate holding something out like that for very long. Major, it looks like that Husqvarna has a lot of great reviews, and some bad ones. I guess there are a few lemons in every product.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have owned that one for 3 years have not ever had a problem with it ..... Happy shopping

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I broke down and bought one I could handle from Home Depot last summer. Tired of waiting for DH to trim around my gardens! It is battery operated and cost 100 bucks. Worked like a charm all summer. I bought an extra battery, but each charge lasts a reasonable length of time. I will check on the brand in the morning. It far exceeded my expectations.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking I'd have any response for your question but then it occurred to me that I'm a wimp, too.

Are you sure you want a gas-powered trimmer, So Lucky? I used mine with every mowing last year. It was because I was in a hurry. I also thought it would quit on me and I was ready for it to go!

If the gas trimmer died, I would be forced to take a little more time, do a much better job, and not have to lug around nearly as much weight with my electric.

Okay, truth be known, I'd have to buy another gas-powered trimmer o_O. Yeah, there is no electricity at the gardens ... where I really don't want to take the time to do the best.

Battery-powered, I don't know about. Doubt if it would be the answer at the gardens but maybe in the yard. Still, I've only the need to trim about 50ft maximum from the electric outlets.

Steve
edit because I didn't know how to spell "wimp."

Last edited: