Sunday's my big day!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've mentioned a few times on TEG that I'm running a Spartan Race, and it's this Sunday!! I'm really excited and really nervous.

My son is going to run the kids race, and my daughter has a pink spartan costume so she can be our mascot. My friend is coming to watch the kids while I'm running, but still be there so I can have my kids back the EXACT SECOND I'm done. :D

Unfortunately it's going to be pounding rain that day, the terrain is the most difficult possible, and so is the technical difficulty according to the email I just got. >.< What did I get myself into?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well that's very exciting! Sounds like a great challenge that you will look back on proudly.

Unfortunately it's going to be pounding rain that day, the terrain is the most difficult possible, and so is the technical difficulty according to the email I just got. >.< What did I get myself into?

You didn't want to be just a quasi-Spartan did you?
Go out there and kick some butt AMKuska! The tougher the test the better the finish.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
First, finish.
NEXT time try for a personal best.
Have a GOOD TIME!
I have thought about what fun it would be to coach a young equestrian in showing and having a good time is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing.
Also, being overprepared for your class. :rolleyes:

If I had you for a teacher I might have gone farther. My big dream was to be an equestrian as a child. (Of course isn't everyones?) I got equine science certification, read books on farrier skills, and volunteered at a stable in exchange for lessons.

Unfortunately when they said 'lessons' they actually meant 'free training for our green broke horses' and it scared me off. :-/

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've mentioned a few times on TEG that I'm running a Spartan Race, and it's this Sunday!! I'm really excited and really nervous.

My son is going to run the kids race, and my daughter has a pink spartan costume so she can be our mascot. My friend is coming to watch the kids while I'm running, but still be there so I can have my kids back the EXACT SECOND I'm done. :D

i'm not sure why, but i thought that was today! haha! i hope you have a blast no matter what happens. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck! What kinds of obstacles do you think might be there? I would be no good at running, such a wimp! My sister-in-law has completed at least two Ironman competitions, and she is nearly 50. :bow
I'll be cheering you on from way over here.:frow

Latest posts