Sure hope the northeasterners are alright today

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got power back last night, two feet of snow-no frozen pipes. It is warming up so the walk and driveway are getting better. Had to shovel out all the animals, fix fencing, ect. My daughter and her husband and 3 boys have been camping out in front of our woodstove since Friday. Snuggling with them last night was a treat. My husband had knee replacement on Friday in Boston in the middle of the blizzard. I was in a hotel a few miles away. There was a driving ban so I could not see him until Saturday late afternoon. Who's idea was it to put a hospital on the top of a steep hill? The roads were not as bad as the infamously terrible Boston drivers. There is NO SLOWING DOWN FOR BAD ROADS in Boston. They were still riding my butt as I tried to get up the snowy 1 lane path to the hospital as another car came towards me. Crazy!!!!! I am unscathed except for a few grey hairs. My husband is doing GREAT!!!!Thanks for all the posted pictures-great to see growing things. Off to Boston to see Tom.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure glad you and your husband are alright Cat. Was the hospital on emergency power?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my sister had the nerve to tell me and my mother one day that we should learn to drive more aggressively, especially in Mass! there's a good reason my parents moved up to NH, my dad said most of their reason was to get away from the horrible drivers! :lol: my sister goes and moves back to Mass and she was in her driving element of flooring it regardless of weather or hazards!

Cat, good to hear everyone is ok down your way. i certainly wouldn't want to go through 2 weeks without power like what happened in 2008 during those ice storms!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With the warmer temperatures and another storm brewing all of New England will be faced with terrible floods next. What a mess. Hang in there guys - we're praying for you.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, get prepared for the flooding then...
Have your shopping out of the way, use the roads and cars as little as possible, and tell your friends to also. That way all the funerals caused by those lousy drivers won't affect you my friends.

And call your legislators and have them raise the fines for unsafe driving! Especially in inclement weather! Those fines can be put to good use and hopefully will save some lives. I emailed our governor about it already. Maybe I should email him again!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boston never lost power-just luck I guess. All of the neighbors they whined and complained because we cut down border trees that might have landed on their fences, power lines, or house had MANY trees go down. The biggest whiner of all, the one with of course the least property, had at least 5 trees go down all around her house just missing it but crashing down on her fence. Preemptive tree cutting had saved us a lot of headache. The Boston driver don't even want to move over for ambulances, and of course the city is filled with great hospitals.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are my blizzard photos. My daughter and family camped out in front of the wood stove for three nights. Hours of stories and songs in the near dark.

7100_jess_and_3.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Catjac, they are a lovely family. there really is a silver lining in every cloud. I am sure you all made memories to last a lifetime during the blizzard and aftermath. Glad all are well.

Latest posts