Surprise pup!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty dog! I bet those ears are really soft and fuzzy!

So Lucky her whole body has a super soft luxuriously plush coat with a little wave in it on her back. Addictingly pettable . And she's a real cuddler too, which is going to be awkward when she's 90 pounds or so. I know I shouldn't encourage it, but every evening after dinner I sit on the floor to brush her and she lays in my lap. :love

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, she's gorgeous!!!! Love that breed. :love Has she been easy to train? I've heard they are eager and willing learners and easy enough to train.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, she's gorgeous!!!! Love that breed. :love Has she been easy to train? I've heard they are eager and willing learners and easy enough to train.

Oh my, she is very easy to train, and she remembers so well. No cheating with her! She spends an hour every day in the crate with the door closed.very
She goes in willingly, but never stays on her own volition if the door is open. I started teaching her wait right away when I got her, and when it was time to open the crate door I would have her wait about 10 seconds before giving her the okay to step out. One day I opened the door, stepped back, and decided to make her wait about 30 seconds. I got busy with something and forgot about her release word. 5 minutes later I look over and she was sitting patiently in front of the open crate door, watching me and waiting....

Wren on the other hand (Aus. cattle dog) likes to push the limits to see how serious I really am. She's a more independent thinker and like a kid, thinks she knows better than the boss. :rolleyes:

BMD's are also very sensitive to moods. She needs no other correction than a stern voice. And she is always so cheerful and wanting to please.
I've never had a dog that was so interested in making me happy.

I bought a book on draft dog training so I can do it right. I have a tendency to want to rush ahead and put the cart before the horse so to speak.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had heard that about the breed and am glad yours is running true to breed...what a dream of a dog to have! :love Great family dog!

I can't wait to see how she'll do in drafting and with your kick sled. I sure hope you post pics of all of that. Dogs seem to love having a job to do and I bet she'll be so proud to work in harness.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Excellent dog with such intelligent eyes! While I do not have dogs, I will look like your rising.:)

Latest posts