Surprise Rainstorm!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
All in all a really good thing, but it surprised me, and was not prepared for the rain.

I left two windows on my old car wide open. Mud will be where the back seat used to be. Yes, I removed the rear seat from my 4 door ford fairmont futura 1981 years ago so I can almost use her like a small truck. There is dirt back there from doing things like digging that lacianatus berry.

My 50 pound bag of bone meal that still has about 15 pounds in it for the last bed or so is out there, wide open and by now sopping wet. On the other hand, where I had dusted the other beds it is probably mostly watered in.

Other little things too, little oh well things like, I didn't set my wagon in the dump position, but oh hey! I'll have extra rainwater!

Sudden rain like this turns the day into a plan B day. I think plan B will include an extra nap at some point :p

...that bone meal in the bag is gonna be a fine mess Olly...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the rain, even if it resulted in Lake Fairmont! We got 3/4" Monday night and 4" Wednesday night. My poor chicken coop and run is a muddy swamp. The girls are glad to be let out to range around the yard!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 150# of organic fertilizer to pickup this afternoon. There are also several bags of potting soil.

An arm and a leg, I'm telling ya!!

100% chance of rain tonight. Better remember to get them out of the back of the truck and into the carport ;).

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, got the windows of my car closed. Not so bad in there as I thought, but my seat pillow is wet. I have another just for that occasion.

The bone meal I had slightly covered, I covered some more, didn't want to look. Probably have to mix it up with some compost before applying the rest. That's alright.

I went ahead and set my flat of beans outside in the light and rain. May set the plastic cover over it in awhile.

Yep, plan B things for today... What'll be plan B?

Hayley says the weather down under is cooling off. You see, it's FALL down under. Just a few months ago she was having 115 degree weather!

Now my chat system is down, hummm, things to figure out...

More coffee?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
More coffee is ALWAYS good!! Coffee even helps with insomnia--as long as you're awake, you might as well be wired too! :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heck yea Bay!!!

BAZZZIIINNNG!

Latest posts