Survived my second semester.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I have managed to live through my second semester of college. Funny thing is I don't ever remember studying this hard in High School....lol. I'm doing pretty good. Only have two more semesters to go and I'll graduate next May ( god willing) with my degree in Executive Business Administration. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I have managed to live through my second semester of college. Funny thing is I don't ever remember studying this hard in High School....lol. I'm doing pretty good. Only have two more semesters to go and I'll graduate next May ( god willing) with my degree in Executive Business Administration. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

will do!

high school was too easy for me, but i didn't really know i was going to college until i was halfway through 10th grade. i didn't have to study that much so when i did get to college i had no study skills and it was like i got run over by the village idiot. it didn't help that i tested too well at math and was placed in calculus when i'd never seen pre-calculus. and even worse, besides being completely lost was that i didn't know i should have been in a whole different class and then didn't know i could drop a class until it was too late. so my very first term of college i had a 5 credit F. my big head deflatoed...

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@flowerbug I changed my major a couple of weeks ago, I could have taken a couple more classes this semester that aren't offered in the fall. My fall semester is going to be fairly light. On the other hand my last semester is going to be a killer. Fall is only 9 credits, spring is going to be 18 credits. I started this college thing a while back but things (life) got in the way of me finishing.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug I changed my major a couple of weeks ago, I could have taken a couple more classes this semester that aren't offered in the fall. My fall semester is going to be fairly light. On the other hand my last semester is going to be a killer. Fall is only 9 credits, spring is going to be 18 credits. I started this college thing a while back but things (life) got in the way of me finishing.

i certainly understand, i had to work my way through college and some years i would have big projects come up so i'd have to drop classes and then have to refigure my entire schedule for the coming terms. i never changed my major but i knew quite a few people who did (and more than once for a few of them). some people we referred to as professional students because they'd been there so long and there wasn't any sign they were really too concerned about when they graduated.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm excited to get things rolling again, but I also need a break from this semester. It felt like it was the entire year. It was such a long semester!!!! With all I have going on this summer it's going to fly by for me. I'm super excited to graduate. I just hope I'm able to find a job once I graduate, that's my biggest fear.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hadn't planned to go to college altho I liked high school work. Before beginning high school, we had our first standardized tests. I didn't score high in math; and, for some reason, that didn't bother me at all ;).

Life requirements and choices changed and in time, I enrolled. I only dropped 2 classes. One was a correspondence course -- remember those :rolleyes:!? I couldn't get serious about it thru my summer. I did drop credits in my final semester. Tired of writing papers. "What if I don't do that?" "It's worth a credit." "Don't need it :)."

Choosing electives to take was always carefully researched. I wanted to enjoy my classes, and did! If I had any artistic skills electives might have included basket weaving 101 but, instead, they were classes on history or Native Americans or literature or religion.

A history major initially, I came to realize that there was no future in it ;). Of course, I didn't expect a professional future for me, anyway. Figured I'd just be driving circles in a field for the rest of my life. Did that until I couldn't stand the sounds and smell of a diesel engine!

Health problems also got in my way ... when I decided that I wasn't gonna die ... I went back to school :D. Did that twice :D! Really rough all those years working and going to school at the same time but I enjoyed it! That alone almost amounted to my career. I bet that I'd still enjoy it!

Steve

Latest posts