SW Wa. BLIZZARD of 2020

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 8:20 AM the skies opened up to a white out of sideways snow ... HEAVEN help us all as 3 cars ended up in a ditch !!! Shelter the women and children in place and send out the rescue dogs with warmth giving Brandy hung from their necks. Lasted about 20 minutes ... deposited all of a half inch of snow that lasted until 10 AM as the temps stood at 35*. Schools let out early at 2 pm. The next major snow fall is expected for tomorrow night. Stay tuned ........

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 8:20 AM the skies opened up to a white out of sideways snow ... HEAVEN help us all as 3 cars ended up in a ditch !!! Shelter the women and children in place and send out the rescue dogs with warmth giving Brandy hung from their necks. Lasted about 20 minutes ... deposited all of a half inch of snow that lasted until 10 AM as the temps stood at 35*. Schools let out early at 2 pm. The next major snow fall is expected for tomorrow night. Stay tuned ........

you got enough fixins there? like are you fixin to get out the shovel/plow/etc?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bobm is just a stones-throw from Portland, so way down the Columbia River.

Let's see ... on February 2 in Portland

In 1950, it was -3°f
in 1949, 5" of snow fell.

As flowerbug said in Nawthern vs Southern, there's still time.

Steve
there's only about 7" of snow on the ground here and the elementary school, that i can see from the house, hasn't canceled a day. my son did say that his co-workers in Portland were panicking yesterday because snow was falling but he pointed out that none was sticking to the ground.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning several school districts cancelled classes due to black ice on the roads due to black ice on the tree shaded areas of the hills. Most others had a 2 hour delay. Some snow fell here or there depending what cloud you were under, The only hint of white on our home was in a lite frost on our cars. :lol: Forecast for tomorrow is freezing temperature, more wind and depending on the amount in the atmosphere ... we may get some more snow.
Bob! Where ya been?? Missed you. Must have been lost in that blizzard..... :gig

you got enough fixins there? like are you fixin to get out the shovel/plow/etc?
My parents left the show shovel / plow / etc. in Michigan when we left for Cal. back in 1952 and I have never used any of them since. :thI might just have to stock up on them since the weather news reporters (ets ) are wearing many layers of coats, scarves, hats, and high snow boots while standing in ankle deep snow. :ep On Thanksgiving morning , I woke up with a bad cough , went to urgent care, was promptly kidnapped by an ambulance and transported to the hospital with pneumonia. After a 3 day stay , I was sent home with antibiotics, inhalers, and other assorted pills and potions. I was hospitalized 2 more times for 3 and 4 days each, the last time was last Tues. I am still coughing almost non-stop but slowly getting better. Ribs hurt non stop during waking hours... NOT FUN by any streatch of the imagination. But I lost 11 pounds ( 23 lbs in total ) in 2 days when the Dr.s finally prescribed a water loss medication IV and I felt much better right after that, :) but I am still coughing like there is no tomorrow for how long is the question. :idunno

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry you've been so sick, Bob!!! It's been a bad winter for illness around here too. I'm hoping you get on the mend soon and are bushy tailed in time for garden season. :hugs

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had some bug that went through area. Lasted over 3 weeks before you stopped hacking up vile things.

Latest posts