Sweet Wild Syringa

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, that looks great! Have you had a bit in her mouth before? Is that hard to get used to?

She has been carrying a bit for a few weeks, and she accepted the bit the first day like a seasoned riding horse. (She amazes me.) But not this particular one. I had been using a sweet iron snaffle with copper inlays and she accepted it fine, but chewed constantly and tossed her head.
This one is called a Happy Mouth bit and is steel covered in some sort of plastic material. She seems much more comfortable in it, no head tossing or grinding.
Bitting can be tricky with 3 year olds because they are losing caps off their molars and getting new teeth, so what doesn't work one month may be fine the next.

Now, that headstall! I've only ever had simple plain headstalls for my horses, but she's a special girl and this one grabbed me when I saw the sunflowers tooled into it.

@baymule , waaay more fun than shoe shopping! It's her "life" bridle. In fact I don't keep it in my tack room, it hangs on the coat hooks in my office, haha.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the mane does need trimming. Just sayin. :p

Mary

Okay, if you say so :rolleyes:.
:D

Here's your fuschia - it doesn't look it in the photo, but in real life it is. You'll have to take my word for it.
20181121_080741.jpg