thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My little flower girl.

20190912_154800(1).jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
She was there just hanging out in her corral...
Nobody asked about the horses particularly, but Thomas and Evelyn got to go in Huckleberries pen and pet him. He loves kids.
I would have been right in there too. I love horses. Always the teenage girl that never had her own horse :( But did get to ride with friends that had more than one. ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
So next year if we have another TEG gathering I can expect to see you here? Lots of camper space!
I would LOVE to be there. Not sure when we can travel that far with MIL still living on her own at 92. (I am afraid to even go away for a weekend right now.) :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would LOVE to be there. Not sure when we can travel that far with MIL still living on her own at 92. (I am afraid to even go away for a weekend right now.) :(

I understand. :hugs

Sunday Syringa and I went to the park for a little outing.
She actually whinnied when she saw my husband hitching the trailer while I gathered a fresh flake of hay for the feed box. She just jumps right in now.

I took my trail saddle to put on her while we were there. I've only ever saddled her at home and she's still not 100% at ease with the process.
The parking area was busy with trailers and riders and we were parked on the end closest to the trail.

As I was saddling 3 riders came out of the woods and headed directly for me. Kind of a weird thing to do and not good horsemanship in my opinion. Syringa was ok with it but definitely watching them and moving around so I couldn't buckle the girth. I was using Luke's thick wool pad and in addition to her umm... roundness, getting the billet straps started through the buckles is a fiddly business. So I stood and held her and kept a hand on my saddle so it wouldn't slide off if she got a little agitated. They actually got so close that they parted around me, (rude). One of the riders was a little boy about 4 who said something about my horse. I responded to him with a compliment on his horse and the man who was riding and ponying the kids horse thought I was talking to him and came back with a conceited reply regarding his vast experience. :lol: I was impressed naturally. :rolleyes:

Anyway, once saddled everything was hunky dory and we wandered off to have a little adventure.

Syringa is a great little jumper. She just tucks her forelegs up and pops right over anything I send her over.
I wanted a picture, but trying to manage my phone and send her was awkward and she kind of muddled it, stepping on the logs instead of jumping them, haha.

20190922_144135.jpg

She rewarded herself with a mullein stalk after she landed.

20190922_144155.jpg

I think she regards our trailer excursions as a sort of strolling buffet, which may be why she's so eager to go :p.
There isn't much that she won't eat, and I am surprised that she relishes mullein :sick. Walking her on a narrow singletrack is pretty much meal time in her thinking. I allow it as long as she continues walking with me, but stopping to eat is not part of the deal and she gets that.

Yesterday the saddle maker brought three saddle trees over to see if one worked for Syringa. One was a good fit so I claimed it and finally finally we can begin the process.

He has 3 saddles to build before mine so it won't be done until nearly December :(. I'm anxious to get riding, but the weather won't be very cooperative by then so it may be spring before we actually get that ball rolling.
I wanted to get a picture of Clay fitting her with a tree but left my phone in the house.

Latest posts