Tack Room,

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're tack room is located in the barn, unless it's free standing.

My husband said he'd build me one this summer.

He was thinking....
SBGH-450x355.jpg

But I was thinking.....

797af129c21587a776dccc07ec6f221f.jpg

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You're tack room is located in the barn, unless it's free standing.

My husband said he'd build me one this summer.

He was thinking....
SBGH-450x355.jpg

But I was thinking.....

797af129c21587a776dccc07ec6f221f.jpg
If that shed is a metal shed, it will get condensation not only on the ceiling, but the walls too. Then mold will grow on the tack. If wood , then you will have the oposite effect... small totally enclosed building will have heat buildup just like in attics over homes and the leather equipment will dry out and crack . Thistle , you are on the right track ! I would insulate that small bunk house as much as you can ... floor ,wall, and ceiling , and add more air flow from the floor to the top of the ceiling then out of the building , or that too will have heat buildup. :hu

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
If that shed is a metal shed, it will get condensation not only on the ceiling, but the walls too. Then mold will grow on the tack. If wood , then you will have the oposite effect... small totally enclosed building will have heat buildup just like in attics over homes and the leather equipment will dry out and crack . Thistle , you are on the right track ! I would insulate that small bunk house as much as you can ... floor ,wall, and ceiling , and add more air flow from the floor to the top of the ceiling then out of the building , or that too will have heat buildup. :hu

I liked the general look, it won't be identical, and it will be wood, but may have a galvanized roof. Dh always puts plywood and paper under the metal roofs, so condensation won't be a worry. Good idea on the insulation, I was planning on that so I could run a small heater set above freezing in there for the winter months. My saddle and bridles spend the winter in the house as it is, and that's a pain to haul out to tack up for a ride.

I'm sure I'll have to compromise on the appearance a bit, but if I go with a big idea to start with I'll get something close to what I want.
It's all about bargaining right? ;)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like a back yard horse that got out of it's pasture and running in sagebrush.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
She's inside the fenced running through the lace, not one wisp of sage. Lovely girl very clearly Nevada Mustang, for knowing eyes.

Some people have lost their decerner some never had it.

Decerner Fr:gift~gift of sight
À voir, à savoir(to see,to know)

Latest posts