Tadpole rescue 2011 and garden helpers:)

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am now the foster parent of about a 1000+ tadpoles (most likely all tree frogs). My kids and I rescued them from the seasonal stream at the edge of our property. The water in the last puddle was about to dry up. They are now living in a rubermaid tub and we're feeding them greens, dog food, and a sprinkling of chicken food. I was thinking "balanced diet" :lol: I couldn't see letting the poor things just dry up, so we thought to give them a chance. Some are already turning into little tree frogs with legs:)

6630_tadpole_rescue.jpg

Hopefully some will grow up to be garden helpers like this tree frog that I saw on my one of my roses this morning.
6630_garden_helper3.jpg

Another garden helper, I spotted today. I hope he gets some of the japanese beetles that are eating at my roses.
6630_garden_helper.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW, love all those tadpoles. :D We had some BIG ones a few years ago that we put into the aquarium with the goldfish. It was so much fun watch them turn into frogs. Very educational for the boys, too. Enjoy. Also love the tree frog photo. Good.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love hearing tree frogs. In Oklahoma we had a tree frog that sounded for all the world like a lost goat. I used to hear them but I could never track one down to see what it looked like. As soon as you get close it shuts up.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
How cool! Love those pics! You won't have a bug left with all those helpers!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
What a fun project! I am glad they are getting a second chance and later they will definately repay you. :thumbsup

confuzzled

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Awww, this reminds me of when we had a "pond" in front of our house. We had tadpoles living amongst all the grass and water and when the "pond" got too hot or dry we'd add more water. It was fun watching them :D.

Latest posts