Tahitian Tiare Gardenias

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
I have the regular rose shaped blossom Gardenias as well....and they have a wonderful smell.....BUT...they don't hold a candle to the frangrance of the Tahitian Tiares..... I'm going to put some blooms in Coconut Oil....it's supposed to perfume the oil....can't wait! Still no leaves out on the trees here....tons of big buds....no leaves.... cooler here today....supposed to be in the low 30's again tonight. My best to all, Rusty
Where did you get the Tahitian Tiares? I might want to try that. My goal in life is to say I grew at least one of EVERYTHING before I die!

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had been looking for the Tiare Gardenias since 1993....when I did find companies that carried them, they were always out of stock....:/.... Finally this very early Spring on QVC...."Roberta's Gardens" had an offer for two plants....withing just a few minutes...a large fraction of their Tiare inventory was sold....I was so pleased to get my call in and have some ordered....because of our long, cold Spring...shipping was delayed and I (just) got them the other day. I don't know if they have sold out or not....One could check..... Keep me posted! Rusty

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
I had been looking for the Tiare Gardenias since 1993....when I did find companies that carried them, they were always out of stock....:/.... Finally this very early Spring on QVC...."Roberta's Gardens" had an offer for two plants....withing just a few minutes...a large fraction of their Tiare inventory was sold....I was so pleased to get my call in and have some ordered....because of our long, cold Spring...shipping was delayed and I (just) got them the other day. I don't know if they have sold out or not....One could check..... Keep me posted! Rusty
Rusty, you were one of the lucky ones....I read the reviews and complaints on Roberta's Gardens on "Dave's Garden" website. They have like 40+ bad reviews, from never getting merchandise, and DOAs, and having to fight to get replacements, etc.....

I'm glad you got yours and they were alive. I would think twice about ordering from them again, however. I'm going to hunt down other sources for this shrub. I'll post when I find it. Thanks for your input.

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Maybe I am lucky...this has been the second time I've ordered from them and got great looking plants. This year was the Tahitian Gardenias and last year I ordered two Spanish Peach Scented Oleanders....which are growing and blooming like crazy. I did have a small broken branch on one of my Gardenias during shipping...I just stripped the leaves...coated the stem in rooting hormone and stuck it back into the potting mix and it's doing fine.....maybe it will root? I've had great luck and will check the same company next year for other plants to buy....I have no reason not to.....thanks for the info though. My Tahitian Gardenias were shipped in 4 inch pots and were about 10 inches tall in the pots.....very healthy plants with big glossy leaves and well spread growth.....both plants and shipping costs were less than $40.00..... I've seen this price for one plant from other companies.....if you can find some in stock....:/ I live in Northern Michigan....not tropical at all....and my Plumerias, Oleanders, Hibiscus, Gardenias, Jasmines, and a few others are doing great. I'll try and get some nice photos of some of these when they are bigger or are blooming.....Happy Spring and Happy Planting!!!! Rusty Hart (Irish Acres):)

Latest posts