Taking Lambs To Slaughter

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
What’s not to like at a decent Italian restaurant? Or. Mexican? Or steak house? Or seafood place?

As long as the cook knows how to cook it, I agree. That's why I really like seafood here. Not because the seafood is fresh, with today's transportation system you can get fresh seafood in Boise. But the people here grew up knowing how to cook seafood. That's why in certain parts of the country I generally get steak, or pork, or chicken, or trout. What do people know how to cook.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If I had only ever tried woolly sheep, I'd likely have never wanted lamb again...not a flavor I'd yearn for.

It's downright nasty. Picked up ground lamb at the store the other day. It has the strongest smell. I took a couple of bites of it plain, then mixed up in a casserole. I just couldn't hack it. Now, DH just loved it, so he should like the hair sheep no problem. I'm still planning on getting some from Bay.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's downright nasty. Picked up ground lamb at the store the other day. It has the strongest smell. I took a couple of bites of it plain, then mixed up in a casserole. I just couldn't hack it. Now, DH just loved it, so he should like the hair sheep no problem. I'm still planning on getting some from Bay.
Even though the hair sheep lamb has a MUCH milder flavor than wool type lamb, sometimes I mix the ground lamb with hamburger or ground pork. I had so much ground pork from that 820 pound boar, that I used the lamb mixed with it for hamburgers on the grill.

Latest posts