taking orders for fairies from my hawthorn

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
it has thorns like a citrus

its about 12 ft tall and is about 20 ft wide

looks like a huge massive gigantic blueberry bush from far away but then you see the thorns

6521_photo-0151.jpg

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
gosh i hope not......as i am not fond of roses

i dont think it is though....there are other rose plants in the yard and they dont resemble each other in the least

the leaves have a light green blue/gray tint and are not smooth but not hairy if that makes since....the leaves just feel different than a rose bush leaves

the thorns on this bush are not triangular thorns like a rose bush but more like ice pick thorns...about 1 1/2 inches long

i thought of a hawthorne but not sure

The Mama Chicken said:
It looks like it has rose hips on it. Could it be a really big rosebush?

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've never seen a hawthorn tree, so I wouldn't know. But it's supposed to attract fairies, so keep an eye out, if you see fairies hanging out under it it could very well be a hawthorn tree. ;)

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
if i find fairies under this tree my house will be clean everyday for the rest of my life

i will be a fairy breeder........taking orders now just in case

The Mama Chicken said:
I've never seen a hawthorn tree, so I wouldn't know. But it's supposed to attract fairies, so keep an eye out, if you see fairies hanging out under it it could very well be a hawthorn tree. ;)

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
your order is in.........

i will also add some lightning bugs so when i pressure cook the jar shut THERE WILL BE LIGHT

but are you sure you dont want 6 to keep it an even number..

im sure i will have plenty because there is alot of space under the bush for their berms

and low and behold my other property has a this same tree ?hawthorn? but its VERY OLD...im sure those fairies will be past their prime and probably sit around and drink beer all day...because they cant remember what they are suppose to do..

The Mama Chicken said:
I'll take 5, thank you very much! I always wanted a few fairies around the house. No pixies though, they're trouble makers.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really think you are likely to be right, Elijah.

I don't think they can be the Washington Hawthorn that we often see in landscaping. Here is just a guess: cockspur hawthorn (click). You could try searching that USDA site (if this is a wild shrub) just using the genus name and see what other Crataegus look right to you. By the way TMC, hawthorns are in the rose family ;).

It may help others to know that you live near the coast in South Carolina, I believe.

Steve

Latest posts