Tansy

sparks

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Does anyone use Tansy for anything? Last year I planted it by my squash plants to deter bugs. It helped maybe a little. It reseeded alot! This year I have been cutting it and mulching my squash , pumpkins and zukes. They look very good. Jury still out on if it really helps. Keeping my fingers crossed.:fl

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The only thing I know about tansy is that tansy oil placed on a sponge was used as a form of birth control before there were more effective methods. I can't imagine that would be useful information, though. :lol: Hopefully someone else knows more than me.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've read that Roman soldiers used to carry tansy to help heal wounds.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The Mama Chicken said:
The only thing I know about tansy is that tansy oil placed on a sponge was used as a form of birth control before there were more effective methods. I can't imagine that would be useful information, though. :lol: Hopefully someone else knows more than me.
Sounds better then the egyptian form crocodile urine or dung don't remember which. I think it was effective b/c the guy that went to collect it never came back to make the baby. lol

I was going to try tansy this year but my seed was backordered, come to think of it they never did send it out.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mamma Chicken and Kassandra, Too funny. :lol: I learn something new all the time!!!1

Latest posts