*tap tap* Is this thing on?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey there. Avid dirt sniffer, tomato eater and all around tree hugger living in Minnesota. This is my first gardening forum, so I'm excited to share experiences and get advice on our favorite topic: plants :)

Growing right now I have:
  • dester tomatoes
  • silvery fir tree tomatoes
  • sweet pea currant tomatoes
  • thai basi
  • vietnamese black dragons (straight out of the jungle)
  • Kentucky Coffee Trees (just germinated)

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey there, Sprig! Welcome! Are you growing those tomatoes inside, or are you one of the lucky ones with a heated greenhouse?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Sprig to TEG. You have found a wonderful place with very nice people. I know you will enjoy being here.

Mary

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:welcome

What are Vietnamese Black Dragons? (Nightshade family?) They sound very interesting? Pics?

Not a tomato person myself but no gardener can go without growing a few.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome, @SprigOfTheLivingDead! I am pleased to meet you here one the greatest gardening forum ever! If you love gardening, you're sure to love it here. Not only the best gardeners, but the best friends can be found here on :welcome. Take you time peeking around the forum threads, but jump right in to what's happening right now.

(We need a nosy emoticon here)
) Where in MN do you call home? I'm a neighbor in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. My garden is put to sleep for the winter. Right now, only two fig trees and two Gypsy tomato plants are evidence of my love of gardening. They are over-wintering in my sun room out back of the house with a few tender flowering plants that need warmth to survive here in zone 4/5.

Hope to get to know you. Warning: pictures are almost a must around here, so get out your camera or phone and make yourself some friends here at TEG.

Last edited:

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hey there, Sprig! Welcome! Are you growing those tomatoes inside, or are you one of the lucky ones with a heated greenhouse?

Thanks! They're growing in a tent in my basement ;). If I had a heated greenhouse my wife would never see me/

Welcome Sprig to TEG. You have found a wonderful place with very nice people. I know you will enjoy being here.

Mary

Thanks Mary, I've poked around a few others and didn't get a good vibe until here.

:welcome

What are Vietnamese Black Dragons? (Nightshade family?) They sound very interesting? Pics?

Not a tomato person myself but no gardener can go without growing a few.

They're a sky pointing hot pepper that a friend of mine brought over from Vietnam. I used to have three plants, but I overwintered them last year under some lower power T5s and they got way too leggy, so I sprouted a few more from seeds at the end of summer :)
P1090079.jpg

Howdy Sprig!!!

Hey Ranch!

(We need a nosy emoticon here) Where in MN do you call home? I'm a neighbor in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. My garden is put to sleep for the winter. Right now, only two fig trees and two Gypsy tomato plants are evidence of my love of gardening. They are over-wintering in my sun room out back of the house with a few tender flowering plants that need warmth to survive here in zone 4/5.

Hope to get to know you. Warning: pictures are almost a must around here, so get out your camera or phone and make yourself some friends here at TEG.

Thanks for the welcome Smart Red, I'm in the twin cities. The Mrs and I just moved into a new place this summer so our gardening didn't really amount to much, not to mention the clay soil, but we're really hoping to make it pop next year :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas! You will enjoy it here, this place is full of some real dirty people! :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, SprigOfTheLivingDead! :frow Well...for your first garden forum, I think you sure picked a good one. ;)