*tap tap* Is this thing on?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas! You will enjoy it here, this place is full of some real dirty people! :lol:

Thanks baymule. Seems to be a great variety of locales represented here.

Welcome, SprigOfTheLivingDead! :frow Well...for your first garden forum, I think you sure picked a good one. ;)

Thanks Journey. I've poked around a bunch of others but some gave me bad vibes and others were more or less broken.

Greetings Sprig! That's a pretty neat set up for growing plants in your basement!

Thanks flowerweaver. Yeah, the Mrs wasn't exactly thrilled to get it, but she's totally on board with it now. Plus, who doesn't love the smell of dirt or fresh greens when you're craving it in deep winter.

Welcome !! Lots of tomatoe growers here, might want to check old threads. Before this group I thought tomatoes only came in red!!

Thanks Nyboy. Yellow tomatoes weird me out :/ but I'm sure I'll get to growing them eventually.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sSig_welcome3.gif
to the group!!!

(@Smart Red - here's your nosey pict -
)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! We will all be very jealous if you have ripe tomatoes in the middle of winter!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We only grow red tomatoes & only in the spring garden... then we process them into everything we use throughout the the year (GTO sauce, spaghetti sauce, picante sauce, okra/tomato gumbo, etc). June to mid-July is a very busy time here. Here is a typical day's harvest.

Tomatoes_061313_1.jpg

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG @SprigOfTheLivingDead ...:frow ... from 20 miles north.... in the Anoka swamps.

My great aunt grew the most amazing peppers in clay soil in St. Paul. I was a kid then and have no idea how she did it but I remember the huge pepper plants just loaded with peppers.

I start a lot of seedlings in my kitchen/greenhouse... interested in your tent growing!
I hope you keep us updated on your indoor garden!