Teeny Tiny Snails

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
OK. So I went outside this morning to check on my gardens and found the teeniest tiniest little baby snails in with my pea garden (they are planted in an old wheelbarrow by themselves). There has to be about a couple hundred of them n there! :th Should I be worried about this. Do I need to go out there and start squish'n?

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks Wifezilla. I'd loooove to have some ducks! or chickens. No room and dogs would eat 'em. And like you said, I still wouldn't have any peas! :lol:

popsgumdrop

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, when I got home I went outside and checked on the "peabarrow" as I am calling it now. (Peas in a wheelbarrow) I tried to squish 'em, but they won't squish. I figured since they were babies they'd be squishable, but no. So, I'm gonna beer 'em to death. Took a couple of little bowls, but beer in 'em and sunk 'em a little in the dirt so the snails could get to them easier. Think I might go get some snail bait tomorrow two.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you have any fish like koi or goldfish i bet they would LOVE the treat! mine love it when i find a few small snails and hold them out in the water! but i am sure the snails you have are not as soft shelled as the pond snails i get in my pond.

have you also tried dashing a little salt onto them? same effect as pouring it on a slug? just be careful with the plants since too much could shock or kill plants that are not used to it. wash it off the leaves soon after you see the snails bubbling!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do they actually have a shell? If not they are slugs and should be very attracted to the beverage you are offering! Do you have drainage holes in that wheelbarrow? Good luck!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find that finely crushed egg shells are a good slug/snail repellant. Just sprinkle them around the base of the plants.

Latest posts