Tell me something you dislike doing that most people enjoy.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For me it's shopping at a store. I can do online shopping but I absolutely loathe going to a store and moseying around. I get so mentally tired I feel like I just ran a marathon. Most of my girl friends love to go shopping and thrifting. Just the thought makes me tired 😆.

So what about you?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I HATE getting up the gumption to do a job I DIDN'T want to do, I get started and make progress and then somebody interupts me.
It is as if I started up an engine with Great effort, and then had to shut it off to pay attention to somebody else.
I understand that I get blessed for it, but it just isn't any fun for me.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to go to Hawaii once to oversee an overhaul of a steam turbine and everyone in the shop was jeleous. I told them “going to Hawaii is like dying and going to Hell” for me. Even though it happened in February and “Most people” would love to get a break from our winters, i stood firm in my statement; still would! Not a people person!🙂

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I HATE getting up the gumption to do a job I DIDN'T want to do, I get started and make progress and then somebody interupts me.
It is as if I started up an engine with Great effort, and then had to shut it off to pay attention to somebody else.
I understand that I get blessed for it, but it just isn't any fun for me.
I feel you! I'm that way about projects I didn't want to start in the first place lol.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had to go to Hawaii once to oversee an overhaul of a steam turbine and everyone in the shop was jeleous. I told them “going to Hawaii is like dying and going to Hell” for me. Even though it happened in February and “Most people” would love to get a break from our winters, i stood firm in my statement; still would! Not a people person!🙂
I got married in Hawaii but you're right, too many people! And most were unfriendly :(

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
big parties. i'd rather go shopping than go to a party (i also loathe shopping). i've never been into crowds or busy places, i also don't like to be in elevators with strangers. it's not the close space, it's them.
As I get older I tend to become more introvert? I don't know if that happens but I definitely enjoy my peace and quiet on our homestead. Now that gas prices are so high I have a great excuse to stay home.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mowing grass! Most time consuming job as you either buy an expensive mower to get rid of excess growth or spend time fixing older stuff. Then there is the non stop sharpening or replacing blades.... not to count the time doing nothing as you mow.....

Latest posts