Testing seed viability?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Are seed mats economical and usefull? @SprigOfTheLivingDead

Useful and economical are two totally different discussions and I don't think I'm the person to answer the "is it economical?" question as directly to the right of my germination station is a grow tent with a 1000w HPS bulb inside. As for "are they useful?" I say ABSOLUTELY. I've spent enough time in my life trying to reuse one product/situation for another and have learned over and over that it's easier to just buy the product that is meant for the process. It'll save you from headaches, stubbed toes, spilled dirt and a mad wife :)

Having a mat allows me to set up my seedling or germination bay anywhere I want instead of hiding tupperwares on my water heater, top of fridge, ... cluttering up the house and thus getting me glares. That being said, the temperature outside is current 0, as in Z-E-R-O, and certainly not in the 60s, so plants here need some help.

I hope that viewpoint helps somewhat. Basically I see seeds germination/sprout faster and it allows me to create a humid environment (seedling bay with a cover that has water in it and is heated from underneath) without having to suspend a light over my water heater.

Latest posts