Texas

gina99mark

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello fellow texans I live about 20 minutes frome the gulf in a lil town sweeny I had a great big garden last year but it was too hard for me this year im going smaller:tools

Moodene

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi, Moodene-Nadine Milburn here.. I am located by down here southeast corner of Texas near Beaumont,town called Devers.. I see somebody is near me..haha..Yes I did get hit by Hurricane Rita and just now got my place cleaned all up this past fall....I am ready to garden again after a 3 year wait...:D

Robotair2700

Sprout
Reaction score
We live in Texarkana, and are using raised concrete block beds for our gardening. We also have a regular garden area, this has asparagus,potatoes,onions,lettuceand greens. Our raised bed has cucumbers, grape tomatoes,strawberrys in the holes, and carrots in the holes also. This a five unit bed and we arestarting on the other five unit beds.

Bob and Charlene

We have 1 mare,1 week old horse,1 yellow lab, 1 jill russel terrier, 1 indoor cat,1 outdoor cat. Since we also have, posts , fencing, nests and plenty of room for our chickenyard, We are waiting for it to quit raining

countryatheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Howdy, I am in Victoria, Texas. It is known as the Crossroads--between San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Houston. I have lived here all my life-42 years. I have always had some sort of garden as did my mom and Granny!

Texas Fluffy Feet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Howdy Y'all! I'm in Arlington- smack dab in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. I don't have many sunny spots to plant things in the ground, but I have quite a collection of things in pots. :)

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm in Amarillo...but only for a few short months longer. We migrated up here from Cypress (suburb of Houston) nearly 2 years ago. Am anxiously awaiting our departure :weee in a few months. We will be transferring with dh job with TSC. We have our sites set on either NE Texas or the Hill Country somewhere.

vickig

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Howdy fellow Texans!
Ever heard of Paige?

I lived in Blackland all my life and 4 years ago we moved into sand....it has been a challenge for me to learn to garden in it, but I'm making headway.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, y'all! Eastern Panhandle of WV here! :cool: Hillbilly country! When they describe WV as being Almost Heaven, they were talking about my area....I just know it. We have big, beautiful mountains and big green valleys. The temps are moderate, doesn't get too cold here anymore. No humidity and usually a slight breeze all the time. The air is like breathing honeysuckle and mint...tasty and fresh! Cattle and sheep country mostly.

I have two wonderful boys left at home (one will graduate on 5/31 :hit ) several chickens, big garden, two good dogs and one good cat.

No near neighbors!!!! :weee Surrounded by hay fields and mountains on all sides with an apple orchard behind the house.

Nice to find a good gardening forum and friendly folks like yourself! :frow

sweetshoplady

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Moving to East Texas, near Tyler. Planning to have lots of fruit trees, apples, peach, pecan, and whatever else. I have lots of dewberries on my place there. I guess there's some really nice bluegrass and lots of nice stuff for my goaties to munch on. If anybody wants some dewberries, free, let me know. :)

Texas Fluffy Feet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey SweetShop Lady, I used to live down that way! Past Tyler though, I grew up in the little 'ol town of Rusk. We grew the BEST tomatoes in the whole world down there. You'll love it!

We had the dewberries too. One year, we took the time to trim up the vines and thin them a bit. The very next year the berries were huge and super sweet! We are lucky enough to still have family down that way. If not I'd have to hunt you down for a berry fix. There is nothing as good as those fresh berries with whipped cream in the summer or berry jam on toast and warm berry cobblers in the winter.

Latest posts